Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We passed this time!

For the first time since last Tuesday, we passed the non stress test this morning! There were only a couple of contractions so we didn't need to go for more monitoring. Kenna unfortunately is still head up. J hasn't been feeling any differently, so it seems we are in a holding pattern. I think we might actually make it to 35 weeks (Sunday)! For insurance/financial reasons, we would LOVE to make it to December 1, so hold your breath with us that we get to Monday. It seems like forever away right now, but it's only a few days. I'm getting really anxious for Monday to come because then I can officially hope the babies show up any time. :) Now that the initial shock of pre-term labor has worn off, I feel much more mentally prepared for it to happen at any time. We are READY! I want it to turn Monday and then I want them to come ASAP so J can get off bed rest, which is very tough on her and her family.

Our next appointment isn't until Monday, if we make it that far! We have a regular OB appointment and a separate non-stress test that day. Then Tuesday we have a growth ultrasound. We are so close to hitting our Dec 1 goal...come on Monday!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I read something like for every day they spend in the womb it's two less days in the NICU. Let's hope for their sake I can hold off labor until 35 or 36 weeks. Bedrest is nothing compared to the benefits that come from them being on time and healthy. Besides that, when else in my life will I have the time to read so many books in such a short period of time??? :)

Kirsten, Chris, Jacob, Sarah & Evan said...

I'm praying they stay put as long as possible! J you are doing a wonderful job. I'm so glad to hear things went well today.

Sarah Andrews said...

What a relief yesterday must have been. Like Big time. I am just so pleased to hear your update! Kenna will turn - she is just showing off. Big hugs lady!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy everything is going so well! I'm visualizing December 1, December 1 for you, N. I know how you are so anxious to meet your babies, but each day gives them more time to grow and be ready to meet you. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. You'll be in all our prayers today.

Mrs. Shoes said...

Yay! I just know they are going to hang in there until next week!

Many blessings to you, your babies, family and your wonderful surrogate on this Thanksgiving day.

Sanda said...

Congrats on such a good appointment!! Hang in there little ones!!