Friday, November 14, 2008

Peri Appointment Update

We had a great appointment with the peri this morning!

-There are no cervical changes to indicate that we are getting close to labor.

-Our growth ultrasound last Monday (not this week, last week) showed that the babies are 4 lbs 4 oz (Kenna) and 4 lbs 9 oz (Nathan)! I was so excited to hear that because they should be close to 5 pounds already now. The average weight at that point from my books is 3.75 pounds. So they are doing great!

-We saw Nathan breathing again! I asked if it was a problem that we haven't seen Kenna breathe yet and she said that it's not consistent. We've just happened to see Nathan breathe twice.

-I asked what our induction date would be if J doesn't go into labor. Previously they said 38.5 weeks but when I got home and looked at the calendar I realized that was Christmas Eve. So I had been meaning to ask if they would really induce that day or if we could do it a few days prior so J wouldn't be in the hospital. She said that unless there was a medical reason, they would actually induce AFTER Christmas, since induction increases the chance of c-section and we wouldn't want her in the hospital recovering from a c-section on Christmas. It's a good thing that I left all the tags on the various "baby's first Christmas" items we have bought. LOL I guess there is still a chance that the babies' first Christmas will be NEXT year! That said, J had both of her kids a couple of weeks before the due date so we all think they will come naturally, and before Christmas. My guess is 36 weeks 3 days. That is December 10. I don't know why. :) I would love to see your guess if you are a reader! Please comment to this post with your guess of the due date. Even if you don't normally comment, you can post anonymously...just drop in your date guess!

-We start non-stress tests next week, on Tuesday. They are twice per week until the birth (!). On top of that, we still have regular doctor appointments and another growth ultrasound. So we will be at appointments a lot, but it won't be too much longer!

-J looks fantastic! She really is a perfect pregnant person and truly "glows". She looks exactly the same, with no weight gain except in the belly! Check out her blog for a belly pic soon (link to the right)...J, now you have to post it! lol

13 comments:

Vanessa said...

December 15th

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, yay!!!!! Everything is going beautifully! I'll stick with your gut and root for December 10 - the babies will be nice and big and healthy at that point, and, that's my dad's birthday!

Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

Well, sorry to disapoint, but the belly pic is still sitting downstairs on my camera...I can promise to get it done this week! :) And I did look at my calandar, my guess is Sunday, December 14th, just because that is the start of 37 weeks and I want to be at least "term" when I deliver. Also since the contractions haven't been that frequent, I'm hoping to hold out until then.

Kirsten, Chris, Jacob, Sarah & Evan said...

I want Dec 10th too, since it's my Sisters birthday (sorry Jenn!!). Go Dec 10th!

Wewurtskihit said...

Dec 17.

That would make the kids 5 month younger then Tayleigh...:-)

Intended Parents said...

December 18th

You're in the home stretch now!

Unknown said...

I don't know, but I've had a feeling about it happening at 35 weeks. Glad they're so big already! They should be well over 5 pounds and ready to come home after they're born. This morning, I heard Matthew telling Joshua, "You know the babies could be born any time now. Right now, or even tonight!" They are both super excited. Matthew constantly finds things in catalogs which we "should buy for the babies" :)

Sanda said...

I think 12/12/08 is a good number so that's my guess. I'm glad that things are looking good!

Anonymous said...

Hi.. I think December 14th. That is a great day to have some kids.. I am a fairly new reader, but just got started on our own blog.. makinbabiesthetechway.wordpress.com

cory

Unknown said...

No, no, December 18th wouldn't be a good day! That's my husband's birthday. And guess what I was doing on December 18th last year? The hysteroscopy to see if I was even fit to do a surrogacy. I guess in that way it'd be kind of cool because we would have come full circle in exactly a year's time. But it'd stink for my dh to be jipped of two birthdays!

Tara said...

My guess is Dec. 20th. :) Home just in time for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

December 11th (2 weeks before Christmas!)

Anonymous said...

I'll say Dec 12 because that was my grandmother's birthday and 12/12/08 looks pretty good typed out! I'm so excited for you!!