Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Very small update

Since it seemed a couple of days ago that the birth might be imminent, I know a lot of people are probably checking in for updates so I thought I should post. :) Basically, J is holding steady on bed rest. She hasn't had any changes (based on how she is feeling) and is taking it easy. I feel like it might actually be a few days now. It's so weird that you can go from thinking you are having two babies one day to thinking it could be a week or even more a couple of days later! I'm definitely grateful that the babies are getting more time with J, though I hate to see her trapped on bedrest.

I spent the morning watching J's kids and then R (J's husband) came home to work and watched the kids in the afternoon. Watching young kids (2 and 3) makes me realize how little I know about kids and how to play with them. lol It doesn't really come naturally to me like it does for some people (I think B is a natural though!). J was upstairs in bed and I kept thinking that she was probably laughing at it all. :) I know it's different when you raise them from birth though so hopefully I will be a pro like J by that point!

Tomorrow morning is another NST. Hopefully they will just send us home this time so we're not stuck and L&D for monitoring for so long again! (Unless it's the real deal, of course!)

2 comments:

Sarah Andrews said...

Your post made me smile. I am glad to hear that all is well. I am totally checking in to your blog so the update was AWESOME! When I first graduated from University, I started a job I worked with children. I was really stressed out so anything that I did with them was forced and awkward. But when I relaxed, it all came together. I am betting that J was so proud of you and maybe she had a little giggle or two but mostly, I bet she was glad to just relax and know that you had everything under control. Best of luck today - you guys will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Wewurtskihit said...

Hang in there....all of you!! And yes...we are totally checking every hour or so to see whats happening!!!! :-)

Mark