Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Peri appointment

We had a peri appointment this morning and I'm happy to report there is ... nothing to report! No news is good news at this point. :) The babies both looked great. The Dr. actually measured them this time, which hasn't been done in several weeks. She said they were measuring almost identically, which is a good thing (you don't want one twin to grow significantly smaller or bigger). They are also measuring a few days ahead, so we are on schedule plus some! I have to scan the couple of pictures we got of their faces. I could totally tell the difference since the last ultrasounds. The one 2 weeks ago we really didn't see much of them; it was very quick and we saw mostly heads and legs. So it had been 4 weeks since we really saw the faces and I could totally tell how much they had filled out - they had real baby features! It was sooooo awesome. There was one shot of Sara in particular that looked so newborn like that it brought tears to my eyes. We also saw the bottom of the butt/legs shot that they look at to see gender - I never see what they are looking at to tell, but today we got a shot of Nathan and I was like, "oh my gosh! it's definitely a little boy!!" LOL Clear as day. :) I just can't believe how they look like little babies.

In other news, our baby bedding sets came! They are SO cute! Even cuter than in the pictures. Each of the little animals in the quilt has it's own fur (it's not just fabric). I'm dying to get the cribs now so we can start putting everything together!

3 comments:

Karma & Adam said...

Congrats on the great, no-news, appointment!
Just saw your comment over on my blog about the babywearing - check out TheBabyWearer.com. They have reviews for practically every carrier/sling out there, and they had a couple of articles about babywearing with multiples. It can be done! I saw a woman with twins in a Moby wrap. Not sure how you would feel about wearing them both at the same time but it might be worth it, checking out how it can be done.
I think the stretchy wraps in particular, or the ring slings, are good for carrying twins together.

Tara said...

I'm so glad all is going so well. It sounds like she's really doing great and so are the babies. The bedding is so adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

I found your post while searching for baby bedding sets. What excitement. So glad that everything is going along smoothly. Good luck with the upcoming arrival!