Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I bought something off my own registry!

OK, this is embarrassing to admit, but I actually bought something off my own registry last night. :) The nursery theme we picked (bedding and all the matching decor) is only available through 3 or 4 places online. We registered for almost everything we needed at Babies R Us, but they didn't have the nursery theme so we had to register at Amazon for the nursery stuff. Well, Amazon only had 2 left of the bedding sets we want - and we need 2! I don't know how many people out there are contemplating using this "Good Night Sleep Tight" theme, but I didn't want to take any chances by waiting to see if we got them for our shower (mid October). There is a lot more inventory of the decorative items like wall art, frame, laundry hamper, etc. so I'm not as worried about those. I actually woke up the other night worried that if I didn't buy the bedding sets myself we might end up getting the decorations and then not be able to find the bedding anywhere! So, yes, I ended up buying 2 bedding sets, complete with sheet, ruffle, bumper, quilt, valance and diaper stacker in each set. :) I feel much more relieved now! Here is a picture of the stock photo of the theme (NOT a picture of our own nursery, which is currently completely empty!!):

We liked that it didn't look too boyish or too girlish, that it was peaceful (for all that sleep we want them to do!), and that it had animals (B and I both love animals). I can't wait for it to get here! The dressers have arrived (have to put them together still) but the cribs won't come for another 3 weeks. October 3 we have set aside the day to do all our building!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious - Ryan and I bought our bedding set from our own wedding registry, because we saw that there weren't many left in stock, and we had already painted our bedroom specifically to match THAT bedding!

Your nursery will be so cute!

N said...

Sarah - LOL! Great minds think alike. :)