Thursday, October 30, 2008

OB Appointment

We had a glowing OB appointment this morning! Our OB was particularly exhuberant about everything, and I felt particularly exhuberant afterwards!

J has been doing so incredibly well that everyone, even the OB, is excited right now. :) First off, J is a tough cookie to begin with, so she makes it all look easy. I know if I were pregnant I would be a big pain in the butt, constantly freaking out about everything. J is so laid back, it's amazing. She isn't even nervous about the birth! I think even if I had given birth 22 times, I would be nervous! Her attitude about everything is just incredible. She couldn't be a more perfect balance to my type A, freak-out-over-everything personality. I have promised myself, her and B that I will be good and only mentally freak out at the delivery. :)

Aside from J's overall attitude, we have been so blessed and fortunate to have had a medically straight forward pregnancy. With the exception of the one little bleeding scare back around 14 weeks, we simply have not had any problems. As I've mentioned before, I am part of a couple of different message boards for pregnant women. One in particular has a group of women due within a couple of weeks of us with twins. Almost all of them have been to the hospital more than a few times already for various issues - pre term labor, placenta issues, gestational diabetes, growth discordance, etc. Twin pregnancies are generally more complicated. Knock on wood, but we haven't had any of these problems, and J hasn't even been put on bedrest! Our OB told us in the beginning she would probably have to go on bed rest around the third trimester. So far, there has been no need for it.

And the last thing is that the twins are still head down. J really wants a vaginal birth and we really want whatever she wants...so we all really want a vaginal birth. :) The doctor will only recommend it if both twins are head down so we are all watching this closely. They can still flip, but so far they have remained this way for a few weeks.

We are on a great track in all ways and I just pray that everything continues like this for at least 4 more weeks...the doctor said if we hit 35 weeks, we will be in great shape, and there is nothing to suggest at this point that we won't. I know things can change at any moment, but for right now I'm feeling great about our chances of the babies staying in until 35 weeks plus.

J, you are doing amazing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is all WONDERFUL news! I'm sooo very excited for all of you! You are all in my thoughts every day.

Anonymous said...

Yay, that's so exciting!! I think we're both on our way to two very healthy babies!

Karma & Adam said...

GREAT news! Congrats on the awesome appt : )

Sarah Andrews said...

That sounds like a great appointment - I can feel you excitement through your post! I think that you and J make a great team.

Sanda said...

This is such great news that things are going so well with J and the babies - congrats and I hope they decide to hang out in there for a good several more weeks to finish growing big and strong!