Friday, July 11, 2008

Some first hand training with kids

Since J was instructed to take it easy for a few days given the scare, I went over yesterday to play with the kids while R was at work. I have done VERY little "babysitting" in my life, and haven't changed diapers since I was about 14 (with the exception of 1 diaper while J was on bedrest in April). Well, I'm happy to report I changed 3 diapers yesterday, including a "stinky" one! J was there and was laughing because I had no idea what to do when I first saw the "situation". But, she talked me through it and all was well. :) I had fun playing the kids all day. They are really, really sweet. J says they were especially well behaved but I was amazed at how well they listen to everything. She tells them to pick something up and they actually pick up! Incredible for a 2 and 3 year old.

I had to get back to work today so B went over for the morning to do the same. I can't wait to hear how it goes. There was a look of terror in his eyes at the thought of changing a diaper this morning. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

B was lucky--he didn't have to change a stinky one. :)