Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Nursery

I forgot to mention in my last post that I appreciate those who read without posting comments too. :) I've been getting emails from people saying they are reading regularly, and that is awesome! I would be doing this even if no one read, because it's more of a personal journal than anything (that I will preserve for the babies someday), but if other people care to read along the way that's really cool too!

So this weekend we are making the first steps toward a nursery! We're not actually buying anything yet, but we have made a big decision: instead of using the small room we were planning to use for the nursery, I'm giving up my big home office, moving all my stuff to the smaller room, and officially designating my current home office room as the new nursery. This was all inspired by my recent visit to my friend K's house (Hi K! :). She has adorable 17 month old twins whom I got to hang out with for the first time at length (she and her husband adopted them from Russia a couple of months ago). It was my first experience ever being with twin babies. I helped feed, diaper, bathe and say good night. It was a lot of fun (and work)! K has a very large nursery and it gave me a good view of how much space two cribs will take up, and two (eventual) walking babies take up! I immediately started thinking that when the babies become mobile our nursery will be really tight. Sooooo...I stopped fighting the suppressed thought: I need to give up the big home office and make it the nursery. I think B had already been secretly thinking that because he immediately was like, "yup".

Tomorrow we are cleaning out the garage and organizing everything (it is a disaster in there and we want to make room for new baby stuff that will require storage). Then we will switch the office/nursery. I've never been excited for such a mundane task....it's SO exciting to feel like we are making progress toward a nursery!

4 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Congratulations on your twins! I will definitely be reading along and following your journey!

I'm an experienced GS who has also overcome my own fertility battles. I am a contributing editor for a common blog called "Bridges" (http://awarenessbridges.blogspot.com/) and I cover the surrogacy category. One of the things I have to do is write articles about surrogacy, but I also feature posts from and link to other bloggers. May I include you on my blog roll (which will also be linked on the site) and also include some of your posts about your surrogacy experience?

N said...

Hi Kymberli! Of course - thanks so much for adding me! I recognize your picture either from SMO or FF - I'm on both of those sites. I look forward to checking out your Bridges site!

Kirsten, Chris, Jacob, Sarah & Evan said...

Glad I could be of help N! S and J certainly make full use of our nursery space, the smallest people in the house seem to need the biggest space!! I can't wait until your two blessing arrive!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for progress on the nursery. We use a small room for the nursery (I think you've seen pics). I figure they won't really be playing in there--just sleeping. But, it is SUPER tight in there so if you have the room, I'd say switch. You'll need it to buy all those cute outfits! :) And I'm so psyched for you Klubby. I remember you from FF and I'm so excited to hear you adopted twins.