Thursday, July 31, 2008

Anxious to find out the genders!

Only five more days until we find out the genders! I absolutely can't wait. I think it will be at that moment that we will go from thinking about "two babies" in general to two individual babies whom we can envision specifically. Even though I'm 99% sure at least one is a boy given the past ultrasounds, I haven't really been imagining what it will be like to have a son - what he will look like, what kinds of little boy things he'll be into, if he'll be a mommy's boy, etc. Those are magical thoughts that I can't wait to have but that I can only fathom having after we know for sure (and the same with the other baby). And then there are the thoughts of how two specific genders will grow up together, what they'll share, how they'll relate, etc. - I think that will be very different if it's a boy/boy combo vs. girl/girl vs. boy/girl. I wonder about it all the time now and absolutely can't sit still waiting for Monday. When we get the news, it's also a Babies R Us kick off party because we'll be ready to start with the nursery!

(On that note, we only finished cleaning out our crazy garage last week and haven't switched the nursery and office yet. That is still to come when we get back in town - right now we are at a convention in Denver for B's company.)

No comments: