Monday, December 1, 2008

Maybe in for a long haul?

First of all, it's December 1! Hip, hip, hooray (to say the least)!! We are SO happy to have made this milestone.

This morning we went for the latest non-stress test and during the whole test J had only one contraction! There were no cervical changes either. Basically, things are more calm than they have been in about two weeks...the babies are not necessarily on their way any time soon. Kenna is still lying sideways so the doctor went ahead and scheduled a c-section for December 28. Yes - December 28 - an eternity away. None of us, including the doctor, think we will make it to that day, so the far reaching date wasn't overly disappointing. If, however, we did get that far I would be slightly sad that they missed Christmas. :) J is on bed rest until Sunday (36 weeks) and we are thinking that once she gets moving again they might come soon. Since it is pretty much looking like a c-section at this point, I think next week would be perfect timing so J can recover quite a bit before Christmas. I really hope next week is it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still convinced it will be December 14th. But, I'd be just fine with a sooner date, as long as they are healthy. ;)

Sanda said...

Oooh I don't even know when to guess - whatever date where babies and J are healthy - that sounds like a good day to me! And here is the tax accountant in me coming out...no later than 3 days before the new year at the latest?...just in time to sneak in two 2008 tax deductions ;)

Sarah Andrews said...

That sounds like a great non-stressy, stress test. I am still thinking that Kenna is going to turn and all is going to be well for a nice vag delivery. It sounds like the bed-rest did the trick to keep your little ones growing and strong. You and J are a great team N!

Nadine said...

so excited for you!!!!

jovial dream said...

I'm very happy to hear the news!! I've been out of the loop! You and B look very natural with the babies!