Thursday, August 28, 2008

We felt a baby!

J has been feeling the babies kick around now for several weeks. She started having little popping sensations even in the first trimester! So B and I have looked forward to when WE would be able to feel them from the outside for a while. Well, J emailed me earlier this week saying, "I think you guys can feel them now!" Last night J and R were over for our Bible study and afterward J thought we should try it. (They aren't big enough yet where the kicks are constant and predictable, so it would be just a try.) J positioned my hand where she was feeling Sara kicking around and after a little while I got a kick or a punch straight into my hand! It was amazing! I can't imagine that such a small baby could make such force. I felt some very light jabs before and after that, but that one time was really strong. B then switched places with me and he got to feel it too! I don't think he got the "super punch" that I got, but he did get to feel it. It's mind boggling to think that we "touched" Sara for the first time! Nathan wasn't very active while this was all going on so we'll have to get him going another time. J says that Sara is very active all the time and Nathan is more mellow. Uh oh...Sara will be a lot of work :)

3 comments:

Jaymee said...

That is so exciting

Tara said...

That is so exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful feeling them like that! Sara (no "h") is an awesome name! It's my daughter's name too.