Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The ultimate protector of car seats: Simon


OK, I know this probably shouldn't happen because we don't want little cat hairs all over the car seats before the babies get here...BUT I couldn't help but take a picture when Simon crawled in. It was just too cute.

While I'm in my photo folder from the other night, I might as well post this one of the car seats together (can't you just see a little boy and girl in them??! lol).


On a side note, B went to an Angels (baseball) game last night AND...are you ready...made his first solo purchase (completely unprompted by me) of 2 baby outfits! Let's just say that B hasn't been as excited as I am in general about the cuteness level of baby clothes, so the fact that he bought them little Angels baseball onesies on his own was just awesome. It was so cute to see what he picked out. Unfortunately they are 6-9 months (only sizes they had) so it will be a little while before they can wear them, but they'll sure be cute to look at in the meantime. :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute, N! I love the carseats. With twins you get to be so much more coordinated about the baby items. How fun!

Kirsten, Chris, Jacob, Sarah & Evan said...

If it makes you feel better Molly spent hours of sleep time in our stroller before the twins arrived. She stays well away from their stuff now, they are too noisy for her!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natasha! We're getting 2 of the exact same blue carseats that you have! Those carseats do look really cute -- I can totally imagine a boy and girl. Are you getting really excited?!

We got baseball onesies as well. We live in Ohio, so we have an Indians (my favorite team) onesie and a Reds (Ryan's favorite team) onesie.

I think our baseball onesies might also be 6-9 months, which will be next summer. Can you just imagine chubby little babies wearing those?? So cute!!!

Definitely check out Craigslist for other baby items. You can get some great deals! The woman I bought our DuoGlider from said that she was just trying to get rid of everything as quickly as possible and she knew she was selling it at a ridiculous price. Some of the stuff people are selling has hardly been used.

We're not going to buy things used that have a safety element (car seats, mainly, which you already have), but otherwise -- why not??

I love reading your blog! It's great to see another "IM" so close to the same stage we're in. :)

Anonymous said...

One more thing -- we also have two cats who I just *know* are going to be intrigued by all of our baby stuff. We just hope they don't plan on jumping in the cribs! Our plan is to get the cribs soon and set them up, and then let the cats sniff around, but let them know they can't jump in the cribs.

Anonymous said...

Trust me; they'll be in those 6-9 month clothes before you know it! They grow SOOOO fast!!

Our cat loves to hang out in the crockpot shell while I've got the crock in the sink. Kitties are so silly. :)

Larisa said...

Cute! I love your names, but Larisa is really a great name. ;)

Sanda said...

The car seats are very adorable - and I wanted to let you know that we have 2 cats and I bet you that if they were left alone with those car seats for even 1 minute they would be in them, curled up, and napping :) They think anything new that comes into the house is something intended for them to take naps in or on top of :)