Tuesday, June 24, 2008

J's last shot, dopplers and vacation!

I just have to post a huge HIP, HIP, HOORAY that J did her last shot yesterday!! This is very, very exciting. She has been giving herself a 1" shot in the butt every night at 10 pm for about 10 weeks now. As you can imagine that is tiring, and a pain in the butt (both meanings intended). :) She was such a pro through the whole thing. Whereas most people can't even look at a needle like that, she did it no problem from the very first day. J actually put it in as a "test run" before she had to! LOL So, we have now hit the big 12 weeks AND J is done with shots AND we are seeing a "regular" doctor now. It feels like we are really moving along now!

J and R invited us over last night to hear the heartbeats on the home doppler. They were so funny - they have a total process down to find them within literally a couple of minutes. J promptly laid down, R got the requisite tools (paper towls, ultrasound lotion, machine), they applied the gel to her stomach, then R moved the wand around and almost immediately found the first baby. (I have to admit that I still can't figure out which baby is which - I think we heard Baby B first though because Baby A has moved positions some.) R then found Baby A soon after (they are in distinct locations now, so it's clear they are different babies). We counted the beats and they are still going at 170-180 bpm, which is great! I'm so grateful for the doppler!

B and I are going on vacation Thursday until July 6 so I'll be silent during that time. We're taking sort of a "babymoon", though that term is so obnoxious. In reality, we have a timeshare that we need to use every year or else we lose money. We had to schedule it before we even found out J was pregnant. Over the last 3 years, we've certainly stopped planning things according to whether or not we thought a cycle would work! This time, of course, it actually did. I hate to leave out of fear that something will happen while we are gone, but I guess it does me no good to sit around wondering if something will happen here either. So we are going on and when we get back we'll be 14 weeks!

2 comments:

Larisa said...

I'm glad I found your blog. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to continue to read your story after following along for so long on FF.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I too am glad to have found your blog! I am a GS pregnant with twins, due just behind your surrogate! It will be fun to follow along on your journey~